Research on Alzheimer’s Disease
Ed and Ethel Moore Alzheimer's Disease Research Program
The program awards grants for research relating to the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of Alzheimer’s disease. The Legislature has established the following goals, with priority for research designed to prevent or cure Alzheimer’s disease:
- Improve the health of Floridians by researching better prevention and diagnoses of and treatments and cures for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Expand the foundation of knowledge relating to the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Stimulate economic activity in the state in areas related to Alzheimer’s disease research.
Researchers at any university or research institute in Florida are eligible to apply.乐动体育登录 The following types of applications may be considered for funding:
- Investigator-initiated research grants.
- Institutional research grants.
- Pre-doctoral and post-doctoral research fellowships.
- Collaborative research grants, including those that advance the finding of cures through basic or applied research.
The Alzheimer’s Disease Research Grant Advisory Board乐动体育登录 advises the State Surgeon General and Secretary of Health as to the direction and scope of the Alzheimer’s disease research program. Grants and fellowships shall be awarded by the State Surgeon General, after consultation with the board, on the basis of scientific merit. The 11 member Board is composed of the following members:
- Two gerontologists
- Two geriatric psychiatrists
- Two geriatricians
- Two neuroscientists
- Three neurologists