Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
乐动体育登录 24 Hours Total are Required for Medical Physicists
To locate board approved CE Courses for Diagnostic Radiological Physicist, please click .
To locate board approved CE Courses for Therapeutic Radiological Physicist, please click .
To locate board approved CE Courses for Medical Nuclear Radio Physicist, please click .
To locate board approved CE Courses for Medical Health Physicist, please click .
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
CE Requirements for First Time Renewal
- A Medical Physicists renewing a license for the first time has the same requirements as listed above
Board Rule Approved Providers
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- American College of Medical Physics (ACMP)
- Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (COMP)
- Health Physics Society (HPS)
- Society of Nuclear Medicine (SNM)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Radiological Society of North American (RSNA)
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)
- Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP)
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- Individual physicists licensed by the State of Florida can claim a one-time credit per program for an approved program of which they are the presenter
- If you are licensed in more than one of the categories below you are only required to have 24 hours as stated above:
Diagnostic Radiological Physicists
Therapeutic Radiological Physicists
Medical Nuclear Radiological Physicists
Medical Health Physicists
- Physicists-in-training renew annually. 12 hours of continuing education is required annually which should include 2 hours of medical errors. (See Rule Chapter 64B23-7, Florida Administrative Code)
The Department of Health will now verify a practitioners continuing education records in the electronic tracking system at the time of license renewal. Please visit for more information. For information on continuing education requirements please review Rule 64B23-2,F.A.C.