- Animal Contact and Human Health
- Chagas Disease
- Chikungunya Fever (CHIK)
- Dengue Fever
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis
- St. Louis Encephalitis (SLE)
- Rift Valley Fever (RVF)
- West Nile Virus (WNV)
- Yellow Fever Virus (YFV)
- Mosquito-Borne Disease Prevention
- Mosquito-Borne Disease Surveillance
- Mosquito-borne Disease Educational Materials
- Mosquito-Borne Disease Guidebook
Mosquito-Borne and Other Insect-Borne Diseases
Vector-Borne Disease Surveillance Coordinator
Mosquito-borne diseases are diseases that can be spread through the bite of mosquitoes. These diseases may be caused by a virus, also known as arboviruses, or can be caused by parasites. Several of the mosquito species found in Florida are capable of transmitting diseases to humans, horses, and other animals. Symptoms of these illnesses can range from mild to very severe.
Mosquito-borne diseases found in Florida include West Nile virus disease, Eastern equine encephalitis, and St. Louis encephalitis. Many other mosquito-borne diseases are found in different parts of the world, and can be brought back to Florida if infected people or animals are bitten by mosquitoes while in Florida. Some examples of these diseases include chikungunya fever, dengue fever, malaria, yellow fever, and Rift Valley fever.
Drain and Cover
- Drain standing water to stop mosquitoes from multiplying.
- Cover your skin with clothing and use mosquito repellent.
- Cover doors and windows with screens to keep mosquitoes out.
Stop mosquitoes from living and multiplying around your home or business. Protect yourself from mosquito's bites and the diseases they carry.
*Note:乐动体育登录 This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free may be required to view these files.